Sunday Morning Doughnuts

Okay, Friends, this is an easy one, so easy I'm kinda hesitant on posting it as a recipe. But, if you read my blog, you are clearly a person who likes ease.

INGREDIENTS:
a can of cheap biscuits
oil
powdered sugar
milk

Heat oil in a frying pan. I like for it to be enough that it will consume about half the biscuits. As the oil heats, make holes inside each biscuits with your fingers. When the oil is heated to about 350 degrees, add biscuits. Now, these little babies are gonna fry up fast, so don't walk away. We like ours just a little doughy, but that's just our preference. When the biscuits are golden on one side, flip 'em. Fry other side and then remove from oil to plate with paper towel. Drizzle with powder sugar icing and then with powder sugar alone.

POWDERED SUGAR ICING:
This is a simple 2 ingredient icing. I start with 2 cups of powdered sugar and just slowing add milk as I whisk with a fork. You want a consistency similar to thin batter mix.

I have also added nuts or strawberries to the mix here. This is awesome because, truthfully, you are gonna have to work hard to make this not yummy.

0 comments: