Mexican Casserole



There are many variations on Mexican Casserole and, after years of making my own tweaks, I think I finally have it just the way I want it.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

First, brown 1-1 1/2 pounds of ground beef and then drain off the grease. Put back in skillet. Inside the skillet while the heat is on low, mix in 16 oz. of sour cream, one can of cream of mushroom, a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes and one can of El Paso Green Chile Sauce. While the heat is on low, mix all these ingredients in with the ground beef.

Spray your average casserole dish with Pam. Now, I like to mix flour tortillas and corn chips. The make-up is basically a Mexican lasagna.

First shred about three tortillas and crush two or three handfuls of corn chips and spread evenly over the dish. Pour half the beef, sour cream, green chile mix and spread with two cups of shredded cheese. I like to use a blend of sharp cheddar cheese and Monterrey Jack. Repeat. Tortillas and corn chips, beef mixtures, cheese.

After you've put this together, bake in your preheated oven for 30 minutes or so. This is great with Spanish rice and chips.

1 comments:

just a girl... said...

This is one of the first food blogs, that I actually love. Simple and Real. I will be back